Experienced technologist familiar with various flavors of Linux,
specifically with regards to utilizing them in small-footprint
embedded systems and high-availability server environments. Wide and
varied experience encompassing many aspects of system specification,
acquisition, integration, maintenance, programming, and deployment.
Desiring a position as part of a team which develops new technologies,
extends existing products and delivers solutions engineered to a high
level of excellence.
University Of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI - May 2002
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Dean's List, Centennial
GNU/Linux (Most recently Ubuntu, but also RedHat/Fedora, Debian and
JSON, XML, SOAP, TEX, LATEX, C, C++, C#, D, Mono/.NET, Perl, BASH,
TCSH, PHP, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, SQLite, Make, git,
Subversion, Trac, Sendmail, Exim, Dovecot, VNC, Emacs, TCP/IP, GCC,
Virtualbox, VMWare, KVM, OOP Design Patterns, Agile, U-Boot, Logic
Analyzers (Tektronix, Saleae), C/OS-II RTOS.
Sixnet / Red Lion Controls, Ballston Lake, NY - November, 2008 - present.
Build Engineer / Engineering IT
- Responsible for maintaining and improving automated build
systems including cross compilation for firmware and builds on
multiple platforms. (GCC, Make, git, GNU autotools, BASH and Perl)
- Developed firmware for ethernet switches and industrial control
modules (RTUs). (C, C++, Perl, BASH)
- Bare metal board bringup, validation, and debugging of new
hardware. (U-Boot, JTAG).
- Developed automated unit and regression tests. (Perl)
- Performed Trac modifications (plugins, custom code) to optimize
for our needs and work flow. (Python, PostgreSQL)
- Deployed virtualization systems to provide on-demand system
images for testing and development. (Virtualbox, KVM)
- General engineering-focused IT support and assistance. (Ubuntu,
Fedora, MySQL, Perl, exim, cron, BASH)
IMT Services Corporation, Inc., Warwick, RI - October,
2005 - November, 2008
Developer & Systems Administrator
- Wrote and maintained web code (Perl, PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS,
- Maintained existing servers (Suns running Solaris), including
hardware replacement, tape backups, system maintenance, application
upgrades, etc. (Amanda, rsync, Solaris)
- Wrote specifications and recommendations for purchase of new
servers and systems, including planning and executing
- Worked on critical infrastructure redundancy to ensure maximum
uptime in the datacenter. (BASH, Perl, MySQL)
Integrated Solutions, Inc., Phoenixville, PA -
November, 2004 - October, 2005
Developer & Technical Writer
- Developed technical documentation specification and wrote
technical documentation of existing systems.
- Developed various Web services and servers (daemons) for clients
Atlantek, Inc./Zebra-Atlantek, Inc., Wakefield, RI -
May 2002 - November 2004
Driver Development Manager (July 2003 - November 2004)
- Proposed, scheduled and implemented a major revision/rewrite of
core product drivers. (C++)
- Managed a team of developers, utilizing modern programming
practices: object oriented design, code ownership and peer review.
Printer Firmware Developer (Dec 2002 - July 2003)
- Responsible for development of embedded firmware applications on
various Motorola (Freescale) processors. (C)
- Developed firmware interacting with sensors, motors, and
heaters, as well as USB and Ethernet interface firmware/driver. (C)
Printer Driver Developer (May 2002 - Dec 2002)
- Responsible for developing, testing and troubleshooting custom
printer drivers for photo ID printers. (C++)
URI Department Of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Kingston, RI - Sept 1999 - May 2002
Systems Administrator (Student Employee)
- Responsible for support of computing systems, including end user
support and service calls and writing custom software to facilitate
administrative tasks and security monitoring. (Perl)
- Deployed/maintained Windows NT workstations, Sun (Solaris)
workstations and servers, Linux workstations, legacy system (serial
dumb temrinals), web servers (Apache), secure web servers
(apache_ssl), DNS (bind), FTP (wu-ftpd), database servers
(PostgreSQL), Mail (POP3, IMAP, Sendmail), NIS/NIS+, NFS, SaMBa,
SSH, TCP wrappers, and many other services including custom written
site-specific software and daemons.
- Experienced in security procedures, monitoring for network
probing/attacks, hardening systems against intruders, and
best-practice security methods.
This document was generated using the
LaTeX2HTML translator Version 2008 (1.71)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996,
Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.
Copyright © 1997, 1998, 1999,
Mathematics Department, Macquarie University, Sydney.
The command line arguments were:
latex2html -split 0 -local_icons resume.tex
The translation was initiated by Matthew Caron on 2015-09-17